Friday, October 30, 2020
I work and Shop at
Usually I just do simple and quick
This crazy 'Butterfly Fairy' Outfit is dragging on
Here is the forest Green Netting Underdress that will go over the simple Georgette Chemise. This is the design.... I have made the sleeves and I am cutting out the bodice and skirt and sewing the georgette cordings now, before I go out.
I love this fabric... all are my real butterflies on fabric from my gardens when I had many flowers or kayaking butterflies
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
First let's talk about this last creation I have been embellishing on...
I love these Butterflies... The fabric has quite a few on it, so I am going to put a couple more on the top and sleeves....
Note the button is from https://gstreetfabrics.com/
It just buttons on the collar of the green underdress but hangs over the edge of the outfit.
I ripped some of the chiffon(georgette) into strips to make a green flower on a sleeve or edge for a butterfly to be attached to...(I know I go sooo overboard, fun for me)
A flower for my shoulder
next I just need to make some butterflies to land on the flower
2 Butterflies one for top and one for bottom and craftex for this one...embroidery thread for machine edging and go for it!
I was helping someone on the button wall one day and found these beautiful gold buttons with green satin ribbon woven through them... That was what made me make this skirt and top into a coatdress because they just went so perfect. YES, they were expensive... but I love the WOW effect on me when I button them and look at the full look in the mirror.
But butterflies are good to make earrings on a smaller scale... and it is fun to try all your stitches on your sewing machine.
I am going to add to this posting as I complete the items today.... Happy Sewing
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
So after the darts from the set in sleeves and the darts to make the waist fitted at the peplum, I found I needed to do a full body dart up to the edge of the trim to take out the extra gapage...(word?) and in the back I did the same thing. I am big accross the back and still with the change from the kimono sleeves to the set in sleeves I needed to take more in... so I did the same thing in the back doing a full length body dart in the back too.
Pattern piece I overlaid over the original kimono sleeves to get a set in sleeve..
Here is one sleeve altered and set back into the bodice.... but side darts to the bodice had to be added first to make the bodice work with set-in sleeves otherwise there was a bulk gap in the fitting.
Lace kind of hid this, but it only takes a pinch and stitch to make the bodice have two darts one up and one side and then the sleeves fit back in perfectly.... Whether my big body will fit? I am very very shapely.... so I prefer baggy flowy things.... It is not that I am shy, but I find it unnecessary to show all my curves to feel pretty and feminine... I prefer the freeflowing fashion look. But this is to show you different ideas you can do with bits and pieces of things.
Here you can see where I just laid it on the top cut the sleeve off and added the dart on the side to fit the sleeve back in and make the bodice tailored.
******* The bodice originally was just baggy... I have now put a dart in the bottom of the bodice to attach the skirt waistline to the bodice waistline.... so that is a pointing up dart made by trying it on and making it fit at the waist. This causes some bulk gaping on the top of the bodice just under the sleeve... Now with the altering the sleeve to a set in sleeve I have added a side dart to the bodice ... This makes a fitted bodice...at the bustline
/\ ** /\
The other thing that this does is pinch out the extra fabric to fit the new sizing of the set in sleeve as I put it back onto the coat dress top.
The peplum was just lace so it was very nice, but with the added buttons on the rest, I decided the peplum needed the pretty ribbon enhanced gold buttons, too. SO you see I started out with 3 pieces of 2.97 fabrics... added some expenisve venetian lace trim and then went for the fancy buttons... but I love the look!!!
In case the peplum edges flipped up when I was walking, I backed the edges with interfacing on muslin with some 2.97 lace strips topstitched on... This gave stability for the buttonholes and buttons, but also was pretty if the underedge look.
So, this is just showing you how I make patterns different by cross blending pattern pieces... You can have many different dresses just by pulling pieces from one and putting them on another. The other thing you can do is always mix textures as in this dress, or Color Block giving total different looks to simple styles... Making Simple look Complicated, but it is only simple with different colored panels or cuffs collars or bias trims.